Seeking 2 New Hires: Greensboro, NC
- Warehouse Packer
- Customer Service Rep
Please note that all roles begin as a 60-day Independent Contractor Trial Period and move into Full-Time Employee status unless otherwise stated.
Peculiar Roots is a fast-growing hair brand that offers quality and clean products for Locs and natural hair and because we are growing fast we are currently looking for a highly organized detailed oriented person to join our fun and exciting environment that is completely customer-centric as a warehouse packer and a customer service rep.
- Packing customer orders, gift boxes, and beauty products (Up to 100 a day)
- Labeling items
- Packing items for each order
- Onload boxes or pallets for shipment
- Place packaged items in the correct area
- Manually update the inventory system
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Customer Oriented( our brand is built on top-notch customer service)
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Warehouse or shipping experience a plus
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to work a minimum of 30 hrs which will increase to 40 hrs
- Highly dependable
- Starting salary $10 and increases over time
- Background Check
- Able to Lift 30 pounds
- Stand for Shift Duration
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to print orders from our online system
Customer Service Representative
Our goal is to serve our amazing customers with excellence at all times. In our eyes, our customers are always right and whatever issue arises we fix it!
The Customer Service Specialist provides front-line support, information and solutions to our Peculiar Tribe customers and is responsible for ensuring high-quality customer service delivery that exceeds customer expectations.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
- Loves working with people.
- Has excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Has a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure yet still remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Good decision-maker.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Enjoys contributing ideas and sharing thoughts, while working.
- Must be VERY organized and detail-oriented.
- Absolutely must be punctual!
- Must be willing to learn new things and be open to constructive criticism.
- Must be resourceful and trustworthy.
- Must provide world-class customer service to customers.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Customer Service Specialist position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm.
Customer Service Components:
- Answer all incoming customer requests & inquiries via email and phone: efficiently, courteously, and professionally
- Categorize All Emails
- Call Abandoned Carts
- Be available for incoming & outgoing customer phone calls via their cell phone (your number will not be viewed by customers).
- Be available for customer Chat feature during work hours.
- Forward/Tag important email communications to Customer Service Manager (i.e. Sponsorship requests, interview requests, Collaboration requests etc...)
- Develop Customer Survey + Basic Data/Analytics
- Process customer order inquiries
- Assist customers in generating immediate solutions to existing and potential problems
- Accurately answer payment and general account inquiries
- Process Customer Refunds and/or Returns
- Adhere to company policies and procedures while driving efficiencies and profitability
Social Media Components:
- Manage Private Facebook Group
- Reply to Comments on All Facebook Ads
- Reply to Comments on All Twitter + Instagram Posts
- Reply to Comments on YouTube Videos
- 2 years of customer service experience
- 1-2 years call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of natural hair care and familiarity with the natural hair community preferred
- Proficiency with Google’s “G-Suite”
- Proficiency with MS Windows Office Suite
- Comfortable with simple math equations
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35-40 wpm
- Must have Facebook Page (Required to manage comments.)
Peculiar Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position
Email your resume and cover letter with why you are the idea candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Warehouse Packer/ Customer Service Rep– [Enter Your First & Last Name Here]
To adhere to COVID-19 safety we provide gloves, mask and sanitizer